Friday, September 23, 2011

Fox News Debate

Another debate last night, this time on Fox News.  Alot of issues came up again but the one that stayed with me was the issue of immigration and securing our borders.  I think this is where I am a lot more conservative.  I believe we should secure our borders.  When my parents came here from South America, they each got their papers in order, came to this country legally and became citizens.  They worked and paid taxes and never took the position of expecting anyone to take care of them.  They paid social security taxes and now live off the social security that they have paid into over some 30 years. 

Throughout my life, I have heard stories like people who come here from Mexico, get fake social security numbers, collect welfare checks once a month and then take the money back to Mexico.  Not only is this money that is taken away from a U.S. citizen who may need assistance, but the money isnt even spent on goods in the U.S. and thereby not improving our economy.  Its like a dominoe effect.  There's lots of other stories like this that I wont detail here but its a reality that liberals dont want to face.  There's nothing wrong with securing our borders just like every other country has a right to.  This is a pretty black and white issue if you ask me but there is so much debate about it.   

One argument is that the illegal immigrants are willing to do the work that Americans don't want to do.  I can't argue that point.  I had to move a couple of weeks ago and when the movers that said they would help me didn't show up (guys from church no less), I went to Uhaul and contracted a couple of the guys standing out front who were here illegally.  If there is so much unemployment, why aren't there any American guys out there waiting to get hired.  These guys told me that at least 6 different people came to rent trucks and hired 2 guys each.  I momentarily, for that day, created two jobs and no American citizen was in site to get hired.  Is there something wrong with this picture?  I paid each guy $105.  They worked 3 hours.  That's $35 an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment